Thursday, December 8, 2011

Stealing Things

Dear Bobby,

I am so thrilled that we agree about using one anothers work. In fact, I'm not really sure how logical it would be to start over each time with something new, be it style or an entire curriculum. Especially since many grad students get thrust into teaching really quickly, I think it is necessary to borrow and learn from one another. Without the help of my peers I would be drowning with unhappiness and crap lesson plans and sobbing in the corner as my students beat me with their tiny fists, demanding I teach them.

"Teach us thesis!" they will cry.

"What is Synthesis! We must know!"

"Gretchen in World History won't date me because of my split infinitives!"

Gretchen, you know, is turned on by unsplit infinitives. She's classy.

Anyway, there is not much more to say, Boice. It's been such a pleasure perusing you this semester, and I wish you the best, especially as you reside on my bookshelf. Among some other books. Looking like a book. Ah, such a life.

Cheers and smoochies,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment